FROM THE 7th SEPTEMBER WE CAN CARRY OUT PRIVATE TREATMENTS.
The Scottish Government have now allowed Dentists to carry out fillings, crowns, root treatments and implants on private patients.
Our NHS patients can have emergency treatments to alleviate pain but cannot yet access routine care on the NHS. We will obviously keep everyone updated through our website and facebook when the government guidelines change.
This will not be business as usual and we have carefully developed strategies for keeping patients and staff safe so the feel of the practice will be quite different. We ask that those patients needing fillings, crowns, root treatments, veneers, inlays, and implants to bear with us. We have appropriate PPE for these procedures but we are waiting for the Government to relax restrictions to allow us to carry out these treatments.
We have all been through a lot over the last few months, and we all look forward to some sort of normality and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control and cleanliness has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our surgery. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We are rightly proud of the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes to maintain high standards. Our practice follows the infection control guidelines drawn up by SDCEP and the FGDP and we are a BDA good practice. This means that we are regularly inspected and are up-to-date with new guidance as they are issued. We do this to make sure that both staff and patients are safe.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment and we are using every means possible to protect staff and patients from COVID-19. For example:
- We will send you a link to a secure online portal where you will be asked questions regarding your COVID status and your medical history and other useful questionnaires. This means you will spend less time at the practice reducing chances of cross infection.
- ONLY patients with appointments will be seen.
- When you arrive at the practice we ask you stay in your car and contact reception on 01569 760760 to advise them you have arrived.
- Please do not be surprised or frightened by our PPE. We wear it to protect you and ourselves.
- You will have your temperature taken before entering the building.
- We will dispense hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use as instructed on the way into the building and on the way out.
- will be taken directly into the surgery where the clinical staff will have prepared the surgery for your treatment.
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys etc, as they are difficult to clean and disinfect and you will NOT be able to access the toilet facilities at the practice.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed unless being treated by a member of staff.
- Payment should be made over the phone after your appointment or by contactless means at the surgery. We DO NOT accept cash or cheques.
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone immediately.
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice.
- Please do not arrive without an appointment.
- Patients should come wearing a mask.